- Mussorgsky (orch. Shostakovich) Dawn on the Moscow River (Prelude to Khovanshchina)
- Mozart Concerto for Two Pianos and Orchestra
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4
- Karina Canellakis conductor
- Lucas and Arthur Jussen piano
Canellakis conducts Tchaikovsky's colourful Fourth Symphony.
Hear the ringing fanfares that open Tchaikovsky’s Fourth Symphony? For him, they symbolised Fate, and the whole Symphony is a no-holds-barred struggle between a composer who lived by his feelings and a universe that he was convinced was out to destroy him. Mozart’s Concerto for Two Pianos and Orchestra, on the other hand, pulses with playfulness and exuberance, and will be brought to sparkling life tonight by the talented Jussen brothers.
Sun 25 Feb 2024, 7.00pmBook Now