- Ingeborg Bronsart Jery und Bately: Overture
- Judith Margaret Bailey Trencrom
- Bizet arr Kerenyi Carmen Suite No. 1 (‘Prélude, Entr’acte: Aragonaise’ & ‘Entr’acte: Intermezzo’)
- Tayla-Leigh Payne It's Only a Dream (world premiere)
- Bartók Dances of Transylvania
- Conductor Luis Castillo-Briceño
- LPO Junior Artists 2023/24 and alumni
- Foyle Future First musicians
- Members of the LPO
The LPO Junior Artists Programme supports exceptionally talented teenage musicians from backgrounds currently under-represented in professional UK orchestras.
Junior Artists spend a season with us and become fully immersed in the workings of the LPO. They are each mentored by a member of the Orchestra, and take part in a variety of behind-the-scenes and skills-building activities, as well as events to inspire future generations of orchestral players.
Join us for a thrilling performance by our Junior Artists, as they play alongside LPO musicians, Foyle Future Firsts and Junior Artist alumni in a celebration of vibrant young talent, all under the baton of LPO Fellow Conductor Luis Castillo-Briceño. The programme features exciting lesser-known music alongside well-loved classics, and a world premiere by Tayla-Leigh Payne (LPO Young Composer 2022/23), composed especially for and with the input of our 8 Junior Artists.
This event takes place in the Royal Festival Hall auditorium and is free to attend, with no booking required.
Please note a change of date from originally advertised.
Fri 16 Feb 2024, 6.00pm
Royal Festival Hall
LPO Junior Artists 2023/24